Manager – Engineering BE
Role: Manager Engineering Belgium
Reporting to the Director Global Engineering.
As the Manager Engineering BE you cover the fields: Civil Engineering , Process Engineering, Utility engineering and specialists and together with the Director Global Engineering you guide the engineering team and their responsabilities in the right direction. You are responsible for departmental growth and budget management. You are also responsible for implementing and optimising engineering projects, define the asset and compliance and capacity strategies for the future. All of this is done in compliance with the required European and US legislation, on which you are always up-to-date. You are responsible for making the qualified processes, process installations, and utilities available for the production department or other internal customers.
As the Manager Engineering, you are responsible for managing and optimising the Process Engineering department’s activities. You ensure the department is efficiently managed within the set framework. You motivate and coach your employees. Scope of about 25 internal and external.
You can flexibly take advantage of the growth and developments within the Prothya Biosolutions Belgium organisation, and in this context, you are open to taking on possible additional responsibility domains.
Key responsibilities and result areas:
1. Proactive management and follow-up of internal and external (consultants) employees:
– Responsible for the further growth and consolidation of the department;
– Recruiting staff through internal and external contacts;
– Drawing up the training and education policy for your employees;
– Formulating objectives and KPIs for the team;
– Evaluating employees and providing feedback;
– Distributing and monitoring work;
– Allowing your employees to accept ownership of ongoing projects;
– Increasing First Time Right actions for your employees;
– Making sure the procedures are complied with;
– Motivating the team.
2. Managing the Process Engineering strategy and realising the policy:
– Drawing up a policy plan and justifying and defending it before the management;
– Defining department structures and determining the framework in which these must function;
– Concretising the long-term policy towards projects and activities;
– Annual set-up of the departmental budget;
– Monthly follow-up and adjustment of the departmental budget;
– Determining priorities;
– Stipulating objectives to be achieved;
– Creating and tracking budgets and cost estimates;
– Determining, developing, and establishing service level agreements with suppliers.
3. Optimising departmental operation:
– Ensuring that the processes comply with the GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) and ensuring that the organisation is optimally set-up;
– Setting up LEAN programmes;
– Having studies carried out for projects;
– Following up on engineering processes and formulating change proposals.
– Level of education: Master’s degree (e.g.: (electro)mechanics, biochemistry, etc.). You have at least five years of experience in a similar management position, preferably within a pharmaceutical organisation;
– You have broad, in-depth process technology knowledge;
– You have knowledge of production management systems, mechanics, electronics, pneumatics, electricity, hydraulics, and thermodynamics;
– You have knowledge of the European and US GMP guidelines;
– An understanding of biochemical processes is an asset;
– You have mastered Dutch, French, and English;
– You like to take the initiative and are decisive;
– You are analytical and strategically inclined;
– You are persuasive, communicative, and cooperative;
– You are a pragmatic problem-solver focused on quality.
Prothya Biosolutions produces plasma preparations (including known products such as Cofact, Nanogam and Albuman). In addition, Prothya collects, tests and supplies blood plasma to purification and production sites worldwide. Prothya Biosolutions’ mission is to provide healthcare organizations worldwide with high-quality plasma products. The company does this by creating value for partners and contributing to the health of people who depend on essential plasma proteins. Hence, Prothya’s slogan: Creating Value, Sustaining Life. The company has various office and production locations in the Netherlands and Belgium and employs around 1,000 people.
Prothya Biosolutions BE is part of an international biopharmaceutical group which offers long-term career perspectives and invests actively in on-the-job training.
In return for your performance, you shall receive a competitive salary, group and health insurance, meal vouchers, and eco-cheques, as well as a Flex Reward Plan. The Flex Reward Plan is a flexible compensation system through which employees can create a budget from their current salary components. Thanks to this plan, they can enjoy, on a voluntary basis and according to their personal choice, a series of benefits that Prothya Biosolutions BE offers once a year.
We also offer an attractive holiday system exceeding the legal holidays.
Furthermore, we value mutual respect and diversity is our strength.
For each Prothya Biosolutions BE employee, from operators to the CEO, engagement means showing initiative. We expect all colleagues to contribute to achieving our annual objectives in order to take the organization towards it future challenges and successes.
Are you interested? Send your CV and covering letter.