Job description – BE Accounting Clerk – joblevel 6
Reporting to: Sr FP&A Manager & Finance Manager Belgium
The Accounting Clerk Payables under the direction of the Sr FP&A Manager & Finance manager Belgium will be responsible for maintaining the accounts payable system for the company by ensuring accurate and timely processing of incoming invoices to payments execution and reconciliation to vendors. This process take place under a “3 way match” system (within SAP) that enable the full reconciliation between the purchase orders and the invoices.This role requires excellent organizational and communication skills, as well as attention to detail and an ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Key responsibilities and result areas but are not limited to the following:
Vendor invoice management from the reception to the payment. In more detail: complete payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices before processing payments and KPI reporting on AP
Contact with procurement and Procurement SME on purchase orders issues and contact with suppliers on outstanding invoices and reminders. Reconcile the subledger AP with the GL as part of month end activities and control and reconcile related GL accounts.
Verify and follow-up vendor statements and solve discrepancies.
Ensure that PO are coded with correct GL accounts and VAT codes before processing invoices for on time payment
Process collective and manual payments
Maintain & reconcile the vendor open / ageing balance
Coordinate with vendors to resolve any discrepancies or issues related to invoices or payments
Continuously challenging and chasing the business for timely Good receipts
Assist the accountants of the team with performing journal entries outside their initial scope and responsible for clearing and maintaining GL accounts in the range of AP and AR
Bank and cash administration
Process the bank statement on a daily basis. Reconciling the bank balance with the GL on a daily basis and responsible for solving the issues on related suspense account for unclear payments
1st line response and backup
first line response towards suppliers on questions, escalating them further into the organization when applicable and backup your colleagues when on holiday
Draws up customized overviews from the financial administration. Checks financial data for relevance, correctness and completeness
- Level of education: Bachelor in Accounting and min 5 years experience in an accounting department working with ERP solution and 3 way matching principle
- You have broad, in -depth knowledge of SAP FI-CO and MM modules, Excel at good level;
- You have Knowledge of the 3 way match process reconciling PO with good receipt and invoice
- You have Knowledge of tax legislation, mainly at the level of the VAT codes and boxes linked to the payables, administrative guidelines and procedures, automated systems.
- You have mastered French or Dutch and English
- You work independently and in accordance with applicable guidelines, procedures and working agreements;
- You like to solve problems in collaboration with colleagues and also independently
- You listen, are persuasive, communicative and cooperative;
- You have good verbal and written communication skills to provide your manager the required information about your responsibilities
- You are persistent, orderly and accurate;
- Integrity and a representative appearance and behavior is required in connection with internal and external contacts;
- You are stress resistant and able to face with fast changing work environment;
Prothya Biosolutions makes life-saving plasma medicines and is proud of that! Every day, Prothya colleagues take the extra mile to improve the health of millions of patients worldwide. Are you looking for a position at a flexible and fast-growing company with an exciting history? Prothya you can count on an attractive, safe and challenging working environment where everyone gets the chance to show the best of themselves. There is also plenty of room to grow, innovate and learn!
Prothya Biosolutions Belgium is part of an international biopharmaceutical group which offers long-term career perspectives and invests actively in on-the-job training.
In return for your performance, you shall receive a competitive salary, group and health insurance, meal vouchers, and eco-cheques, as well as a Flex Reward Plan. The Flex Reward Plan is a flexible compensation system through which employees can create a budget from their current salary components. Thanks to this plan, they can enjoy, on a voluntary basis and according to their personal choice, a series of benefits that Prothya Biosolutions Belgium offers once a year.
We also offer an attractive holiday system exceeding the legal holidays and homeworking after a successful onboarding.
Furthermore, we value mutual respect and diversity is our strength.
For each Prothya Biosolutions Belgium employee, from operators to the CEO, engagement means showing initiative. We expect all colleagues to contribute to achieving our annual objectives in order to take the organization towards it future challenges and successes.
Do you move with us?Then apply now!